On dry land
I just checked my emails at the one and only Cable and Wireless internet bureau so a big thank you for all the messages from you. I am so surprised that anyone is reading this blog it was great to see the messages. I might put a bit more effort into the blog now I know your reading it.
One of the reasons I like sailing is to do with the fact that using just the wind and a bit of knowledge you can transport oneself across a vast ocean, something that mankind has been doing from year dot. Of course you are at the mercy of the wind and nature but that's the whole idea. And we did it. 2000 miles from Cape Town to St Helena in 12 days. Using just the wind. I think that's pretty cool. Only another 4500 to go!
We have been enjoying our little rest here on this remote island. Given us a chance to recharge the batteries, fix a few parts, buy more supplies and enjoy sitting on chairs, eating of off china plates and having showers. As well as having the opportunity to talk to other people.
It is difficult spending this much time (2 months now) with someone your not having sex with. So other people are a welcome aside.
Time to go and climb the Ladder. A gizillian steps up the side of a mountain that was built in times gone past to haul manure up from the port! It's something one must do when you visit this place. Honest.
One of the reasons I like sailing is to do with the fact that using just the wind and a bit of knowledge you can transport oneself across a vast ocean, something that mankind has been doing from year dot. Of course you are at the mercy of the wind and nature but that's the whole idea. And we did it. 2000 miles from Cape Town to St Helena in 12 days. Using just the wind. I think that's pretty cool. Only another 4500 to go!
We have been enjoying our little rest here on this remote island. Given us a chance to recharge the batteries, fix a few parts, buy more supplies and enjoy sitting on chairs, eating of off china plates and having showers. As well as having the opportunity to talk to other people.
It is difficult spending this much time (2 months now) with someone your not having sex with. So other people are a welcome aside.
Time to go and climb the Ladder. A gizillian steps up the side of a mountain that was built in times gone past to haul manure up from the port! It's something one must do when you visit this place. Honest.
Comments
i envy the closeness to the water and endless horisons. keep enjoying watching the waves and stars!
keep smiling love nola
We take so much for granted living as we do...
Lucky that we have the opportunities we have.
(I sound like my mum - sheesh.)
Poem for the day:
Up and down the waves they go,
Brian and Jonathon no stopping them, no.
2 curly haired ones with women over here,
You'll feel better after a shower and a beer.
love, ola xo
Jenny