Losing sense of time
-----
Time is beginning loosing its normal sense here. Because there is no outside
reference bar the sun time as we normally know it has no bearing. We are
beginning to get it to way of life on board a wee yacht. When is the next
person due up for watch and what's for dinner.
For example the sun has just set even though it is just 4 o'clock. We are
having breakfast at 6am and lunch at 10am. Everything is two hours early
due to GMT.
Now that it has just got dark means 4 watches in the dark hours. It is just
a bit on the cold side of comfortable and my clothes have a slightly damp
feel even though they are keeping me dry and warm.
I was on galley duty today so lunch was couscous with a packet sauce of peri-peri.
It was yummy actually. We still have some fresh apples, oranges and tomatoes
too.
Tonight I will be doing Meal 5 which is wild rice, tuna, and tinned tomato
and onion. Not quite sure how that will be. For afters we have some tinned
fruit.
Jon has put the sink back on so lets hope that last for the journey.
I did my first solo tack today (turning the boat around). It went well. It
should have been a gybe really but it is safer to tack round then bare away.
So I was pleased with myself.
We also tried to pt up the geneker but luckily before it went up I noticed
that the block holding up the ropes for the sock was broken so we aborted
that idea until we came up with a new block. We have found a new block but
will not be hoisting that sail till daylight tomorrow - I think.
Haven't seen a whale yet and we have not seen any other vessels now for over
24 hours. We are all alone in the big blue sea.
I think it is saturday today.
Comments