So near and yet so far.
We are still waiting for the Genoa sail but in the meantime all the little jobs are getting done.
Food has been bought.
Electronics are in. I need to get on board with the laptop and configure all the communications; Irridium phone, Inmarsat Mini-C satellite, B&G sailing instruments and routing software.
Uwe and Peter Shaw (the rigger) are on stanby for the first test sail to check that the boat and the rig are tuned and ready to sail. Then they can give us the all clear.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fantastic! What an amazing experience this will be! Hope you have a great time. Will try to keep updated with your progress
Melissa said…
I can't believe I didn't know you were already blogging!!!!!! Have just read the whole thing... am excited for you both, although all the tax stuff sounds like an unnecessary nightmare.

Popular posts from this blog

Home and dry

Heading for Madeira

Phwoar!