Food getting low

Position: 28,19.23N , 18,35.73W
Speed: 7 knots, Course: 59 deg.
UTC Time: 11. August 2006 23:30

Las Palmas, Canaries is off to my right now. The lights of the towns are glowing away. I can practically hear the music. Pleasant sailing the past couple of days with warm weather and calm seas. Motoring now though since we have a slight problem with the mast tension. Just another thing to add to the list. Looks like we will be in Madeira for Tuesday morning, if all goes to plan. Not that I would put a lot of money on it though. Other stuff can still go wrong. Will believe it when I get my feet onto the pontoon.

The estimated time for the sail from Cape Town to the Azores was 35 days so I victualised the boat for that amount of time plus a bit extra. It has now been 36 days so the food, though not running out, is getting low and we are now straying from our five meal plan and being a bit more creative with the left overs. I still think there is even some chocolate left somewhere which keeps Jon happy.

I realise that we have been sheltered from the real world and from what I gather there is more conflict and tension going on. Hope it is not effecting you too much and everyone is safe and well.

BFN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home and dry

Heading for Madeira

Phwoar!