Back by the 19th

Position: 25,21.41N , 22,53.17W
Speed: 6 knots, Course: 52 deg.
UTC Time: 09. August 2006 09:04

What a lovely night as it goes. The moon is full and this environment highlights how lovely it is. I was on the sunrise watch which is the best of the night watches but this morning I had the bonus of having the most glorious orange moonset just moments before the sunrise in the opposite side of the ocean. It was special. (You might have to have been there).

SInce the winds are a bit light and Jon is now feeling the urge to get back home the engine is coming on frequently now. We filled the tank with 40 litres from the 2 containers we had strapped on to the back of the boat which gives us loads of fuel to get us to where we want to go.

On the basis of sailing when there's wind and motor when there is not then we should be in Madeira on Monday/Tuesday.

I have just heard the good news from Alison that she has booked me on a flight direct to London. Well done, Alison. What a fab girlfriend. Can't wait to see her. (btw she does edit my blog every day).

So as long as the engine doesn't konk out I'll be back in London for the weekend of the 19th. Just in time to go to France for Al's wedding. What a life.

Looking forward to a shower and shave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home and dry

Heading for Madeira

Phwoar!